Saturday, February 21, 2015

Olfactive impressionism

L'Ombre Dans l'Eau eau de parfum by Diptyque


You may be an animalic fan, a floral or floriental fan, whatsoever, the very moment you get an aromatic melody of childhood I bet you can't resist, no matter even it's not your style anymore. For me this happened with L'Ombre Dans l'Eau with its silly natural virginity! I don't know why it often happens with silly things! It was a movie "Flashbacks of a Fool" that reminded me my teenage years, silly rocks of 90's that make me dance, and this time this cute perfume which normally I'm afraid of wearing such realistic naturalistic scents but I was almost buying it twice and at the very last moment I said NO to myself; boy be wise you don't wear this.
Now to clarify why I fell in love with L'Ombre Dans l'Eau I have to dig it out till mid-90's and check what sort of hobbies i used to do! Hmm... oh yeah! Huckleberry Finn book! It was the most influential thing in my life for that times. I spend several summers with seaside and swimming, riverside fishing, playing in farms under dark shade of orange leaves, noise of millions of frogs in rice farms and leeches, snakes, grasses and wild flowers, cherry plums hanging from trees, ice-creams. Man, this is all in this perfume, a photo album of sepia pictures in liquid form.

An illustrated page of The adventures of Huckleberry Finn

L'Ombre Dans L'Eau; the title is even descriptive and deceptive, is a romantic and poetic piano guitar duet in perfume form. A bright brilliant natural bombastic play by which all my forgotten feelings revive again. I really wanna go out of town for  while or trip to my hometown and linger for a while. Take a canvas and some acrylic, go to the woods or rural areas and paint some leisure paintings and live the way it should be! At the evening a mellow rain wash everywhere freshly and the smell of geraniums and grasses start to scatter all around. Raindrops tenderly expand on window like fingers of angels drawing on window glass. Boy this must be the life! Memoir is a nice thing to rely on some in a while and get back to your nicest days, take a call to old friends and have some fun!

Clause Monet, Study of a Figure Outdoors: Woman with a Parasol, 1886

L'Ombre Dans L'Eau is gourmand green with dense freshly ground cassis leaves grown with black currant (which is my beloved fruity note) and some watery rose nuances that doesn't suck at all although I'm not a rose fan usually. Black currant is not a folk fruit of our regions and I only knew its jam or marmalade till I've been gifted from a sampel giveaway in Fragrantica for their new perfume; Enchanted Forest and I dived into it completely. Then I discoveres an underestimated feminine masterpiece that how amazingly it performs on masculine skin; Lalique Amethyst. Simply and beautifully, L'Ombre Dans l'Eau is the olfactory equivalence of some iconic Impressionism art especially Monet's with his dancing reflective touches of brush and alive colors, however, in the context of smell L'Ombre Dans l'Eau is a super natural perfume highly loyal to all nature's aspects and it is naturally realistic, soothing and purifier.



Carpe Odor!

Post a Comment