Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dr. Strangelove's romantic diaries: Lonestar Memories by Tauer Parfums

03 Lonestar Memories by Tauer Parfums



The time I received my sample pack from Tauer and tried them immediately one by one, I regretted so much why didn't I placed the order one week earlier. I had bought something else similar to Lonestar Memories which I don't name here... That's not bad but I preferred 03.

03 Lonestar Memories by Andy Tauer is a 2006 production and Andy's third release, based on story of cowboys in old jeans and leather jacket... Great idea and great imitation. Before I read the description about the perfume I had similar image without jean and rider. It was a campfire with every wood piece gathered randomly to pass desert night. A journey or immigration, a self discovery or self-refuge. Something is weird with this travel, something is wrong, it's not a travel for pleasure or resort...

After several tries on my skin I found it an extension to 02 l'Air du Désert Marocain. An elevation of spicy tarry air, decline in amber, and deformation of oriental ambiance to cold weather woody chypre-like, yet the effect of smokiness and darkness is as bold as in 02 LADM. Unlike 02 l'Air du Désert Marocain, which is out of classic/modern gossips, Lonestar Memories has clear tendency to classic compositions and it's approved by renown perfume critic, Luca Turin, when he calls 03 a "smoky carnation".

I'm so loose for birch. This wood has great impact on me and I'm so greedy for its leathery tarry darkness. It's an artistic element. And 03 LM is about that darkness. But this is not all, this perfume is oriented around leather but this is not a frequent leather stuff, not that simple. 03 LM is a tatterdemalion smell verging to famous American apothecary natural perfumes, which is a keen and professional detailed translation.



03 Lonestar Memories opens pungent and tousled leathery, like someone survived from a bloody thunder storm and rain. It is integrated, solid, pharmaceutical, massive volume of leather and resins. But not dry, it's wet and smelly that bears slight yummy taste inside. Kafkaesque indicates to sticky orange and I join her for the statement, cause I'm capturing the smell of orange employed in 09 Orange Star. But this is not so much of citruses to shake the birch-tarry resinous column. It is pharmaceutically intriguing and smoky phenolic with hints of floral sub-layer. The elements in the perfume are very carefully chosen. He could close the composition with lavender but he chose clary sage which stays a step closer to sweaty body smell and has rancid feature. Geranium, although not that sharp as in classic fragrances, has an important role to control over angular leather's hegemony. Labdanum is responsible for animality and amber-like enchanting format. Mixing with dense myrrh smokiness, labdanum is greatly capable to duplicate a sexy and mystical atmosphere.

03 LM is a strange fragrance, undeniably repulsive in the first try but so charming and desirable as you go with. It's weird leathery, not so natural, nor cloying synthetic, twisted and cinematic. It has marvelous longevity; about 12 hours on my skin; so as great projection. Let me assure you the brutality you smell on your skin is not all the others capture around you. I sprayed it on my wrist in my studio, left for a while and after I walked in I captured a pleasant leather, labdanum, and myrrh smell. For resemblance, it is akin to Santa Maria Novella Ambra, but not so near to Pead d'Espagne as suggested by members in Fragrantica. More than everything it is nigh to HdP 1740 Marquis de Sade (see I finally reveal what I've purchased)!

Carpe Odor!

Post a Comment